- What do u mean by indirect democracy?
- Is the electoral college an example of indirect democracy?
- What is direct participatory democracy?
- Why might indirect democracy be better for a larger population?
- What do you mean by direct and indirect democracy?
- Which country has indirect democracy?
- What are the types of indirect democracy?
- Why there is indirect democracy in India?
- What are the 3 types of democracy?
- What are the 2 main types of democracy?
- Which of the following is the main characteristics of indirect democracy?
- What is direct and indirect democracy Class 9?
What do u mean by indirect democracy?
Indirect democracy (also called representative democracy) – is where citizens choose others to represent them, making important decisions on their behalf..
Is the electoral college an example of indirect democracy?
Examples of indirect election are found in many countries. The President of the United States is elected indirectly. Technically, in a US presidential election, eligible members of the public elect the members of an Electoral College, who have previously pledged publicly to support a presidential particular candidate.
What is direct participatory democracy?
Participatory democracy or participative democracy is a model of democracy in which citizens are provided power to make political decisions. … However, participatory democracy tends to advocate greater citizen participation and more direct representation than traditional representative democracy.
Why might indirect democracy be better for a larger population?
So, to allow for the majority of people to engage in trade or commerce, indirect democracy allows the election of representatives who act on behalf of the citizenry.
What do you mean by direct and indirect democracy?
Indirect democracy, or representative democracy, is when citizens elect representatives to make laws for them. … Direct democracy is where citizens themselves vote for or against specific proposals or laws.
Which country has indirect democracy?
Four countries having indirect democracy are India, the USA, Canada and the UK.
What are the types of indirect democracy?
Indirect democracy too has many forms: (i) Parliamentary or Cabinet Form; (ii) Presidential Form; (iii) Unitary Form, and (iv) Federal Form. There are many mixed forms of indirect democracy.
Why there is indirect democracy in India?
– Indirect :- In an indirect democracy, people rule through the representatives. Also known as Representative democracy. Thus, it will be the correct option to be chosen. – Presidential :- In a presidential democracy, the executive branch is elected separately from the legislative branch.
What are the 3 types of democracy?
Different types of democraciesDirect democracy.Representative democracy.Constitutional democracy.Monitory democracy.
What are the 2 main types of democracy?
In a direct democracy, the people directly deliberate and decide on legislation. In a representative democracy, the people elect representatives to deliberate and decide on legislation, such as in parliamentary or presidential democracy. Liquid democracy combines elements of these two basic types.
Which of the following is the main characteristics of indirect democracy?
Which one of the following is the main characteristic of Indirect democracy? People themselves run the administration. The representatives elected by the people run the administration. Every citizen takes part in making laws.
What is direct and indirect democracy Class 9?
Meaning. Direct democracy refers to a form of government wherein citizens out rightly take part in the administration of the government. Indirect democracy implies a democracy in which people vote for their representative, to represent them in the Parliament.